Friday, November 6, 2015

The wonderful world of genealogy toolboxes



We can replace our old-fashioned filing cabinets to a certain
degree by using online toolboxes that contain our
online links to great genealogy sites.

After being introduced to the idea by Thomas MacEntee, I have 
become a true fan.  We gather so many great links to websites that
have added to our understanding of our family history, 
only to find them lost in a maze of saved "favorites" on our 
brower's list.  I have over 300 links saved for personal, business, 
crafting, photography and of course, genealogy.

This method of gathering those wonderful links in a simple
sorted place is wonderful.   I decided to make each
subject a different page on my blog so I can just
click on the page and pick the site I need.

I may do the same for all the different parts of my life.
I don't know about you, but trying to remember my credit card's 
log-in page, or the address of the house insurance....you get the picture.


This site is a work in progress.  I will be adding links
from time to time.  You are free to use them for your own research.











No comments:

Post a Comment